Crown has a long standing commitment to the communities in which it operates. Crown’s community partnerships, employee volunteering and support for not-for-profit organisations all underpin Crown’s commitment to building a stronger community.
Crown continues to be proactive in supporting the communities in which it operates. Crown's community partnerships, employee volunteering opportunities and support of not-for-profit community organisations have the potential to inspire change. A feature of Crown's community commitment is its partnerships with a broad range of leading charities and community services organisations.
As a major long term initiative, the Crown Resorts Foundation is the philanthropic arm of Crown and works in partnership with Crown Melbourne, Crown Perth and the Packer Family Foundation. Through its $200 million National Philanthropic Fund, the Crown Resorts Foundation supports a wide range of programs that promote community engagement, creativity and positive cultural identity. Many of the programs are focused on educational outcomes to provide young Australians with the opportunities they need to learn, grow and be confident in themselves and their ability to succeed.
Employees support and donate personally to various charity appeals: blankets and warm clothing for the Anglicare Winter Appeal; gifts and food items to the St Vincent de Paul Christmas Appeal; and chocolates, eggs and sweet treats for families in need over Easter through the Salvation Army. Significantly, more than 30,000 meals were donated to Foodbank Western Australia.
Just some of the examples of how we aim to help are:
- The Open Family Australia Christmas
- Many employees volunteer their time to help pack and distribute hundreds of hampers for at-risk and homeless young people.
- Children’s Cancer Foundation
- Each year Crown hosts The Million Dollar Lunch, which raises funds for the Children’s Cancer Foundation providing the venue, food and various auction and raffle items along with the time of our employees and management teams to stage this gala fundraising event.
- The Alannah and Madeline Foundation
- Crown supports and hosts the event Starry, Starry Night in support of caring for children affected by violence.
- Crown sponsors and hosts the Robert Allenby Gala Dinner and Diamonds are a Girl’s Best Friend Dinner to raise money for children living with cancer and blood disorders.
- Employee Donations
- We provide a platform for employees to support charities and causes by offering the ability to make one off donations direct from their pay as well as placing donation tins around the complex.